Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

Biography Hanger Person

My students just finished the painstaking task of writing a biography. My students were not to thrilled about writing a six-paragraph biography, but they were very interested in gathering information about their person. 

To help with the painstaking task of writing, I was on a mission to find a "fun" way to do this task. I came across a fabulous blog, Teaching in Room 6. The minute I saw the "Hanger People" I was hooked, line and sinker.  I absolutely loved her idea! 

I love the creativity side of this project. We do not have art as an activity at our school, so I try to incorporate this whenever I can. I believe that putting the arts back into elementary school helps with academic achievement.  My kiddos absolutely enjoyed creating their "Hanger Person!" 

My students worked hard on their biography reports and learned so much.  It was rewarding to see all of our hard work, yes I said "our hard work," come to bloom. The look on my students' faces as I hung their work in the hall for all to see was priceless. I heard compliments from other students, my own students complimenting each other, and administration loving them. They were proud peacocks! 

Here are some of our masterpieces...




Michele


No comments:

Post a Comment